- 2 pounds red bliss potatoes, scrubbed well and patted dry, skins left on
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using a mandolin or very sharp, heavy knife, slice the potatoes into rounds as thin as possible, and place in a large bowl of water to prevent discoloration.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot to between 340 and 350 degrees F.
- Pat the potatoes completely dry. Add to the oil in batches and cook until golden brown, stirring with a long handled spoon to turn and cook evenly, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and place in a large bowl. Toss with the cheese, truffle oil, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1E43e
- Dish Type: Appetizer