- 4 (10-ounce) buffalo rib-eye steaks
- 1/2 cup Canadian whiskey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- Canadian Campfire Beans
In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the Essence. Pour into the bag with the steaks and seal the bag. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally to coat the meat evenly.
Preheat a grill to medium high.
Remove the steaks from the bag and pat dry. Discard the marinade. Season each steak with 1 teaspoon of Essence and grill until medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and immediately serve with the Canadian Campfire Beans.