- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup hulled green pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins, or chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or blueberries, or combination
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pecans, cinnamon and salt. In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring. Add vanilla and pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined well.
- On a large baking sheet, spread the granola evenly in a thin layer. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from sticking or burning, until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. (Do not overcook; the granola will crisp more when cooled.) Cool the granola on the pan on top of the stove and stir in dried fruits. Granola may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Serve at room temperature in a bowl with milk, or as a snack.
Whole Lotta Nuts Granola
STRAWBERRY MACADEMIA NUT MUFFINS
White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Blondies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese And Arugula Salad
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Apple And Pecan Spoonbread
Apple And Oatmeal Crisp
Cheddar Pecan Crackers
Raspberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies