- 2 cups half and half
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teasspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices brioche or other sweet light bread
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup raisins soaked in rum for one hour
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
In a large bowl combine the cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. In a smaller bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the slices of brioche in the cream mixture and use half the cinnamon sugar to sprinkle both sides.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large frying pan. When the butter is hot, add as many pieces of bread as will fit easily in the pan and cook on each side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Continue this process until all of the toast has been cooked. If necessary, keep warm in a low oven.
Heat the remaining butter in another frying pan. Sprinkle the bananas with the cinnamon sugar, add them to the pan and cook until the bananas are caramelized. Add the raisins and the rum and cook for 1 minute longer.
Place 2 slices of French toast on each plate and pour the bananas and raisins over them. Top with whipped cream. Dig In!