- 24 pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup fruit chutney, such as mango, apricot, or peach
- 12 slices bacon
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place the prunes in a medium bowl and cover with the boiling water. Let sit until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
- With a small knife, cut a small slit along each prune and stuff with chutney.
- Place the bacon flat on a work surface and scrape with the back of a knife to prevent from shrinking while cooking. Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne on each bacon slice. Place 1 stuffed prune on each bacon piece and roll up to enclose. Secure with a toothpick and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place on the top rack of the oven and broil, until the bacon is crisp, turning once to cook both sides evenly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril Talks Turkey, November 2001
- Dish Type: Appetizer