- 4 dozen Quail eggs
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- 3 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 12 Peppercorns
- 10 whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh hot peppers, such as Serrano or Tabasco
- Place eggs in a saucepan and add enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to cold water. When eggs are cool enough to handle, peel them and transfer to sterilized canning jars.
- Meanwhile, in an enameled saucepan bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to steep for at least two hours. Pour over eggs and wipe rim of jars clean with a damp towel. Place lids on the jars and screw on band tops. Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from the hot water and set aside to cool. Jars should seal as they cool. Any jars that do not seal properly should be refrigerated and consumed within 2 weeks.
- Allow properly sealed jars to sit at least 2 weeks before eating.