- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam, or 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 12 to 15 small square dinner rolls
- American cheese slices, optional topping
- Yellow mustard, optional topping
- Ketchup, optional topping
- Pickle relish, optional topping
- Sliced pickles, optional topping
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, optional topping
- Tomato slices, optional topping
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper and set aside.
Place the meat in a large mixing bowl. Add the Baby Bam, salt, and pepper, and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Form the meat into small, thin, square patties, 2 1/2 to 3 inches square, using 3 to 4 tablespoons of meat for each. Place on the baking sheet as they are formed.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the minced onions, and cook, stirring, until just fragrant. Remove from heat. Preheat flat side of a cast iron griddle. Coat lightly with oil. Place meat patties on hot griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the burgers over and place 1 tablespoon of the cooked onions on top of each patty. Place the top buns on the patties and cook on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes. (If desired, place the cheese on the patties before topping with the buns.
Arrange the bottom buns on a large platter. Top with desired condiments. Slide the burgers with their onions onto the bottom buns. Serve hot.
The Veggie-Portobello Burger
Baby Bam Burgers
Pimento Cheese-Bacon Burgers
Bacon, Mushroom, Onion and Swiss Burgers
Home-Ground Burgers with Bacon, Cheese, and Fresh Thyme
Big Em, Little Em Cookies
Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Green Chile Mayonnaise
Cumin And Chili Lamb Burgers
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Turkey Burgers With Cilantro Mayonnaise