- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-half teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- One and one-half cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- One and one-half teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour three 9-inch-round layer cake pans.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix until blended.
Add the eggs and oil and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the pecans, bananas, pineapple, and vanilla and mix well.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes, then onto wire racks. Cool the cake completely, then assemble and ice with the Cream Cheese Icing.