- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boneless loin of pork, trimmed (1 to 1 1/2 pounds, 6 inches long x 3 inches across)
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 10-inch square sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Onion Applesauce
- 3 cups Candied Butternut Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the goat cheese, walnuts, basil, shallots, garlic, walnut oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and purÈe until grainy. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Using your hands, rub the pork with the Creole Seasoning until coated. Heat a large heavy dry skillet over high heat and sear the meat for 3 minutes on the first side, 3 on the second, and 1 minute on each end. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Brush the pastry sheet with some of the beaten egg. Place the pork in the middle of the sheet and pack with the goat cheese paste. Wrap the pastry around the pork and seal the edges tightly, pressing with moistened fingers. Place the package, seam side down, on the baking sheet, and brush with more of the egg. Bake until golden brown and puffy, for about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a minute or two, and cut into 4 thick slices.
- While the meat is baking, prepare the Onion Applesauce and the Candied Butternut Squash.
- To serve, spoon 3/4 cup of the Candied Butternut Squash onto each of 4 plates. Add 1 slice of pork and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the Onion Applesauce.
Pork Cutlets With Onion Applesauce And Couscous Jambalaya
Candied Butternut Squash
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Pork Medallions With Braised Red And Green Cabbages And Roasted Shallots
Pork And Eggplant Cutlets With Olive Tomato Sauce
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis