- 1 1/2 cups Lemon Butter Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh chanterelle or shiitake mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (2 cups) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning
Prepare the Lemon Butter Sauce; set aside and keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chanterelles and sautÈ until the mushrooms are just tender, for about 1 minute. Add the green onions, garlic, shallots, basil, salt, and pepper, and cook until the vegetables start turning translucent, for about 2 minutes. Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain the pasta in a colander.
Add the crabmeat and pasta and shake the skillet or toss gently to avoid breaking up the lumps of crabmeat. Sautéfor 1 minute.
Carefully stir in the Lemon Butter Sauce, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, just until the sauce is heated through, for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
To serve, get down your best pasta bowls and divide the pasta among each. Top with the sauce (including plenty of chanterelles and crabmeat). Sprinkle the rim of each bowl with 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning.