- 2 whole chickens (about 3 pounds each), cleaned and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 peeled whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup peeled chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons Emerilís Southwest Seasoning
- 2 cups Black Bean Chili
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 4 handfuls Fried Tortilla Strips
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- With your hands, rub the chickens inside and out with the oil, using 1 tablespoon per chicken. Insert the garlic cloves---3 per breast, 6 per chicken---between the breast meat and the skin.
- Sprinkle each chicken inside and out with 1/4 cup of the onions, 2 tablespoons of the celery, and 2 tablespoons of the carrots. Sprinkle each chicken inside and out with 1 teaspoon Southwest Seasoning; use your hands to coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Prepare the Black Bean Chili so it will simmer on the stove while the chicken is roasting. If itís finished first, keep warm.
- Place the chickens, breast side up, on a rack in a baking pan and roast until crisp but tender, for about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice the breast meat from the bones, and remove the thigh and drumstick intact.
- While the chicken is roasting, and about 20 minutes before itís done, prepare the Guacamole, cover it tightly, and set aside.
- As soon as you remove the chicken from the oven, prepare the Fried Tortilla Strips.
- To serve, spread 1/2 cup of the Black Bean Chili on each of 4 dinner plates and arrange 1 chicken breast and 1 thigh/drumstick on top of the sauce. Mound 1/4 cup of the Guacamole on the plate, and top the chicken with a handful of the Fried Tortilla Strips.