- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 cups Veal Stock or
- Brown Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce fresh tuna steaks, about 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1/4 pound fresh foie gras, cut crosswise into four 1/4-inch slices
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the red wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Add the veal stock and return to a boil, then reduce to 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, then whisk in the butter. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut a deep pocket in the long side of each tuna steak with a sharp knife. Lightly season the foie gras slices with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet (the skillet must be large enough to hold the tuna steaks in one layer) over medium-high heat until very hot. Quickly cook the foie gras just until seared, about 15 seconds on each side. Immediately remove from the pan, and insert 1 piece of foie gras into each tuna pocket.
- Season the tuna on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reheat the skillet until very hot. Add the tuna to the skillet and cook, turning once, for about 6 minutes for rare.
- To serve, place each tuna steak on a plate, and spoon the wine sauce over the top.
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Barbecued Oysters With Rosemary Biscuits
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Crawfish And Corn Cakes
Crispy Tortilla Chips
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce