- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- One 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, purÈed in the blender (or finely chopped, with their liquid)
- Bring the orange juice to a boil in a large heavy nonreactive stockpot or a Dutch oven over high heat, and boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup and thick.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and puréed chiles. Boil, stirring often, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has reduced to 4 cups and coats the back of a spoon, 20 to 30 minutes.
- This keeps for three to four days in the refrigerator.
Chef Neal's Baby Back Ribs With Orange Chipotle Glaze
Tangerine Glazed Roasted Chicken
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
Blood Orange Gastrique
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Seared Scallops On Truffle White Bean Puree With Wild Mushroom Sauce
Asian Dipping Sauce
Barbecue Sauce Base