- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- One 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, purÈed in the blender (or finely chopped, with their liquid)
- Bring the orange juice to a boil in a large heavy nonreactive stockpot or a Dutch oven over high heat, and boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup and thick.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and puréed chiles. Boil, stirring often, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has reduced to 4 cups and coats the back of a spoon, 20 to 30 minutes.
- This keeps for three to four days in the refrigerator.