- Two 1-pound smoked ham hocks
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced green onions (green and white parts)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 36 wonton skins
- Cornstarch for dusting
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Bring the ham hocks and 3 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours. Drain the ham hocks and let cool until easy to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin and bones, and coarsely chop the meat. Blend the meat and goat cheese in a large mixing bowl with a fork. Stir in the green onions, olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Lay 12 of the wonton skins on a work surface; have a cup of water at hand. Put a generous teaspoon of the meat mixture in the middle of each skin. Rub a bit of water along the edges of each skin and fold in half to make a triangle, pressing down the edges to seal. Transfer to a cornstarch-dusted baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining skins and meat mixture. (The filled wontons can be covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours before frying.)
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large heavy pot or electric deep fryer, and heat over high heat to 360°F. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the wontons, stirring occasionally, until they float to the top and are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately, with the dipping sauce of your choice.
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Smoked Ham Hock And Goat's Cheese Dumplings
Ham Hocks With Black Beans
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing
Ham Hock And Goat Cheese Won Tons
Stir Fried Bok Choy And Shrimp Salad With Wonton Chips
Eggplant, Tomato, And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Spicy Sausage And Cheese Rolls
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts