- 1 pound sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 10-inch Basic Savory Piecrust
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Sauce, warmed slightly
- 1 cup Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Confectionersí sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until they are fork tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool, peel, and mash.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, the Steen’s syrup, the spices, 1 of the eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix well. Line a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan with the rolled-out pie dough, then pour the filling into the pastry shell. Spread the pecan pieces evenly over the filling.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 4 eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt and stir to blend. Pour over the pecans. Bake until the filling sets and the pastry is nicely browned, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Garnish with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and confectioners’ sugar.
Mini Pecan Pies
Pecan Waffles With Pecan And Banana Syrup
Fried Sweet Potato Pies
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Cranberry Apple Pie With Sweet Walnut Topping
Delmonico's Sweet Cornbread
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Pork Burgers In Gravy With French Fried Sweet Potatoes
Sweet and Spicy Skillet Pecans
Lemon Chess Pie