- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the half-and-half, butter, and corn syrup in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until a thin paperlike skin appears on the top. Do not boil. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for several days, but it must be returned to room temperature before using.