- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, chervil, and/or tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ripe Creole or other good-quality tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, Maui, or Walla Walla
- 2 medium-size ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Chiffonade of fresh herbs for garnish, optional
In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs. Whisk until well blended, then season with salt and pepper.
Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut the onion into thin slices or rings. Slice the avocados lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Season both sides of all of them with salt and pepper.
To serve, arrange the tomatoes, onion, and avocados on a large platter along with the cheese and drizzle with the dressing.
Garnish with chiffonade of fresh herbs if desired.
Grilled Peach and Quinoa Salad
Avocado, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Lemon Chess Pie
Emeril’s Delmonico Peach Salad
Grilled Fish Sandwich with Roasted Corn Aioli
Grilled Green Onions
Grilled Soft-shell Crabs With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
Three Bean Salad
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad