- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large loaf French bread, split lengthwise in half
- Combine the butter, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir to blend well. Spread both halves of the bread with the mixture. Put the halves together, wrap in a sheet of aluminum foil, and place on the barbecue pit or in an oven at 350°F to heat.