- 4 double-cut veal loin chops (12 to 14 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled, and seeded canned or fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Veal Reduction
- 1/2 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Season the chops on both sides with the Creole seasoning. Heat the olive oil a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chops and sear for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven and roast for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer the chops to a platter, and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the onion, salt, and cayenne over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and veal reduction and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the green onions and the parsley and return the veal chops and their juices to the skillet. Cook, basting with the sauce, until the veal is cooked the way you like it, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, divide the macaroni into 4 equal portions and serve with the chops. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon green onions.