- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped, peeled, and seeded canned or fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 7 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 pound cleaned calamari, tentacles and bodies, cut into rings
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ditalini or small elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium-size saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bay leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the cayenne, and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, wine, 1 cup of the water, the basil, parsley, and sugar. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until thick, for 45 minutes. Add the calamari and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the remaining 6 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the vegetable oil. Bring to a boil, then add the macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Pour the calamari sauce over the macaroni and stir to mix. Arrange the olives over the top of the macaroni.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix well and sprinkle over the olives.
- Bake until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Braided Bread With Artichokes
Oysters On The Half Shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Irish Soda Bread
Creole Tomato Salsa