- LOBSTER AND TRUFFLE OIL:
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Salt and white pepper
- 4- 1 3/4-pound Lobsters, cooked, cleaned and meat cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons tangerine zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon assorted chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon and basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- LOBSTER AND TRUFFLE OIL: In the bowl of a food processor combine egg yolks and lemon juice and pulse to combine. While the motor is running, add olive oil and truffle oil in a slow but steady stream until incorporated and emulsified. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Transfer mayonnaise to a bowl and add lobster meat along with chopped red onion, chopped tarragon, and chopped chives. Taste and season with salt and white pepper if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- GASTRIQUE: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over high heat until sugar dissolves and reduces to a thick syrup, about 10 to 15 minutes. Once gastrique has reached desired stage of doneness, transfer to a cool bowl to keep from burning. Drizzle while still hot over profiteroles.
- PROFITEROLES: Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a medium saucepan heat butter and milk over high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in salt and pepper. Combine flour and baking powder and add to milk mixture all at once, whisking and then stirring until mixture pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball of dough. Remove from heat and turn into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, add eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next one. Add herbs and lemon zest and stir until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag with no tip and pipe out 16generous, golf-ball sized portions of dough. Bake for 10 minutes, until puffed up and then reduce temperature to 375ºF. and bake until golden brown, and pastries feel light to the touch and are dry inside, about 25 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Using a spoon, Chef slices off the very top of the profiteroles and fills with the lobster and truffle oil filling. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with the gastrique.
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Seared Scallops With Arugula And Tangerines with a Tangerine Gastrique
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Chilled Lobster Cocktail With White Truffle-lemon Aioli, Mache And Tomato Confit
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Savory Herbed Profiteroles
Seared Beef Carpaccio With Shaved Fresh Artichokes And A Drizzle Of Truffle Oil
Smoked Sturgeon Napoleon With Caviar Cream And A Lemon Gastrique