- 2 slices apple bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed and picked over
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- CRISPY FLOUR TORTILLAS:
- 12 small flour tortillas, cut into wedges
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Salt and Essence for seasoning
- In a saucepan blanch spinach in boiling salted water until limp. Drain spinach and allow to cool, squeezing to rid of excess water. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute bacon in olive oil over medium-high heat until crisp and fat is rendered. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, lemon juice and mustard and whip until smooth and creamy. Fold in reserved spinach, sautéed bacon and vegetables, chopped tarragon, Worcestershire, artichoke hearts, crabmeat, salt, peppers, hot sauce, egg yolks, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, and the Monterey jack cheese and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Butter a 7 by 11-inch casserole dish and transfer the spinach mixture to the casserole.
- In the bowl of a food processor, briefly pulse to combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, breadcrumbs, olive oil, salt and white pepper to taste. Sprinkle evenly over top of spinach mixture and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until bubbly around the edges and golden brown on top.
- CRISPY FLOUR TORTILLAS: In a deep fryer or skillet heat oil over high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 360ºF. Fry tortilla wedges in batches until lightly golden and crispy, usually 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and Essence. Serve with BAKED LUMP CRAB, ARTICHOKE, AND SPINACH DIP.
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Fire Roasted Corn Dip With Crispy Flour And Blue Corn Chips
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom and Watercress Salad
Lump Crab, Mirliton And Macque Choux
Fried Pickles With Spicy Dipping Sauce
Hot Corn Dip With Crispy Tortilla Chips
Spinach And Artichoke Dip
Artichoke And Spinach Dip
Artichoke, Brie, And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Peekytoe Crab, Fresh Asparagus And Roasted Tomato Terrine