- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger (about a 2 inch piece)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Bourbon
- optional: 1/4 pound of butter
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté ginger for 1 minute. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and bourbon. Simmer uncovered until apples are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until “apple butter” consistency.
- To kick it up a notch: whisk in 1/4 pound of butter after pureeing applesauce.
Corn And Wild Rice Pudding
Wild Mushroom Stuffing For Turkey Roulade
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Apple Oatmeal Crisp With Irish Whiskey Cream
Whiskey Butter Sauce
Creole Christmas Fruitcake With Whiskey Sauce