- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 4 large soft-shell crabs, cleaned and rinsed gently in cool water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup (about 2 1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Season the flour with the rub. Dredge the crabs in the flour, coating evenly.
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crabs, top side down. Cook for about 2 minutes, then turn them over and cook about 2 minutes more, or until golden. Remove from the heat. Transfer the crabs to a warm platter.
In another nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the almonds and, shaking the pan back and forth, lightly toast them. Add the Worcestershire, lemon juice, parsley, and green onions. Stir for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the salt, black pepper, and cream. Stir to mix.
Spoon the sauce over the crabs and serve.
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Pecan Crusted Lemonfish With Lemon Butter Sauce And Pecan Crab Relish
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Soft-shell Crabs On The Grill
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
Smothered Mirliton and Shrimp
Fricassee of Pork and Turnips
Soft Shell Crab Po Boys
Perfect Spiced Boiled Shrimp