- *1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and green onions in a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. With the processor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the cayenne, mustard, and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before using. Best if used within 24 hours.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell…"
Creole Tartar Sauce
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Smothered Mirliton and Shrimp
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Andouille And Chicken Jambalaya
Fricassee of Pork and Turnips