- 2 large bulbs fennel (about 1 pound), trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tiny fresh green beans, blanched in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then shocked in a cold-water bath
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Put the fennel and onions in a roasting pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Roast until tender and lightly browned, stirring as needed, about 30 minutes. Stir in the garlic then set aside to cool.
Combine the fennel mixture with the beans and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature.
- Source: Emeril's Creole Christmas Cookbook
- Dish Type: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Roasting
- Effort Level: Simple