- 1 cup dried fine white bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound cooked lobster tail meat, coarsely chopped
- Christmas Caviar Sauce
- FOR GARNISH:
- Finely chopped red onions
- Finely chopped hard-boiled egg whites
- Finely chopped hard-boiled egg yolks
- Capers, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the Parmigiano, and the butter in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Using your fingers, press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Heat the oil in a small sautÈ pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the Creole seasoning. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor, process the cream cheese until smooth. Add one egg at a time to the mixture, blending after each addition. With the machine running, add the cream, Gouda, and the remaining Parmigiano. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula. Add the vegetable mixture, the green onions, salt, Tabasco, Worcestershire, cayenne, parsley, and lobster. Pulse the machine a few times to mix. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake until the cake sets, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours. Remove the sides of the pan. Cut the cake into 16 slices. Spread a tablespoon of the caviar sauce on each serving plate. Top with a wedge of cake and garnish with the red onions, egg whites and egg yolks, capers, and caviar.
Smoked Salmon Terrine With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Gravlax With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Christmas Caviar Sauce
Chicken And Andouille Strudel With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Crab Bisque With Crab Boulettes
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Creole Christmas Fruitcake With Whiskey Sauce