- 1 pound fresh tortellini (cheese filled), uncooked
- 4 tablespoons butter, in all
- 1/2 pound Morel mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 ounces Prosciutto julienned
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 cup chicken or mushroom stock
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Grana Padano, to garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Add the torteloni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium size saute pan, add the proscuitto and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the shallots and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce for 2 minutes, then stir in the remaining butter. Remove the pasta from the water, toss in sauce, and season.
Garnish with the cheese, just before serving.