- One 2 to 2 1/2-pound chicken, halved down the middle, thigh bone and second wing joint removed
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 cup cleaned watercress
- 2 cups cleaned spinach leaves
- 1/2 pound red grapes broken into 4 small bunches
- 1/4 pound chunk of smoked cheese (Gouda) cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup Mango Chutney
Preheat grill to medium high. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Season and oil the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down, and grill for 5 minutes. Turn over and grill for 5 minutes. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking, about 30 minutes until until chicken reaches 165 degrees F when tested with a meat thermometer. Remove the cooked chicken and cool. You want the chicken cold for the salad.
In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, olive oil, and shallot then season with salt and pepper. Toss the greens in this dressing and place on two plates. Position the chicken on top of the greens, and arrange the grapes, cheese and chutney around the plate in a pretty manner.
Bulgur Wheat Stuffed Tomato
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Grilled Stuffed Quail With Kicked-up Lentil Salade Au Lardon
Thai-Style Grilled Chicken with Lemongrass-Kumquat Chutney
Grilled Vietnamese-Style Chicken Wings
Grilled Duck Breast With Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Prosciutto Wrapped Grilled Scallops
Cilantro-Tequila Grilled Chicken