- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks or fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 12 poached garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, blanched and cleaned from the shell
- 4 Italian Roma tomatoes, quartered and roasted
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Fried parsnip strips for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
Season the salmon steak with some of the olive oil and Essence.
In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot, sear the salmon for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and place in the oven to keep warm.
In a sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the pan is hot, sauté the shallots for 30 seconds. Add the garlic cloves, fava beans and tomatoes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Stir in the chopped herbs. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the fava bean tomato mixture among plates. Place the salmon steak in the center of the sauce. Garnish with a pile of parsnips, chives and Essence.
- Source: Essence Of Emeril EE2349
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Cooking Method: Pan-frying
- Effort Level: Moderate