- 4 individual puff pastry tart shells, blind-baked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic
- 12 slices small, heirloom tomatoes
- 8 slices fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chiffonade of basil plus leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup Fresh and Fast Tomato Sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush each tart shell with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1-ounce of the roasted garlic puree on the bottom of each shell. Lay 3 slices of the tomatoes and 2 slices of cheese in each shell. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown.
Spoon the sauce on the bottom of a plate. Place a tart on a plate. Garnish with basil.
- Source: EE2297
- Dish Type: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Cooking Method: Baking
- Occasion: Summer
- Effort Level: Simple