- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cup julienned leeks, bottom part only
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Tasso Hollandaise:
- 1 cup julienned tasso, rendered, reserving the fat
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 dozen raw shucked oysters, reserving their shell
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- For braised leeks: Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add the shallots, garlic, and leeks and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the white wine and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until the leeks are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Hollandaise:
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water, and bring it almost to a boil, lower the heat so the water is hot but not boiling. Mix the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel mixing bowl, place over the water bath and whisk until the yolks are at a ribbon stage. Combine the butter and the reserved tasso fat together and gradually whisk into the egg mixture in a steady stream. Season with the salt and pepper and continue whisking until thick. For the oysters: combine the bread crumbs and creole seasoning together in a mixing bowl, in small amounts completely coat each oyster with this mixture. Place each oyster back in its shell with a small amount of the leek mixture underneath. Broil until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place all the oysters on a platter and drizzle the Tasso Hollandaise over the entire platter.
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie With Chocolate Sauce
Tuna Of Love
Oyster Dressing Souffle With Oyster And Tasso Ragu`
Oysters Stuffed With A Mirliton Dressing And A Drizzle Of Hollandaise
Goat Cheese And Vegetable Ravioli In A Citrus-tomato Broth With Fresh Herbs And Melted Leeks
Leek And Goat-cheese Cake With Marinated Lentils
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops With Andouille Hollandaise And Smothered Greens
Lobster, Leek And Corn Risotto With Mussels, Oysters And Dulse
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks