- 1 to 2 zucchini
- 8 ounces smoked fish fillets (such as Sturgeon, Trout), skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper
- Brunoise of red pepper, for garnish
- Cajun Caviar or chopped chives, to garnish
In workbowl of a food processor combine fish, parsley, shallots, garlic, brandy, and butter, if using. Process until smooth. Scrape down sides, add cream and process 30 seconds more. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Using a spatula transfer mousse to a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip and pipe mixture onto zucchini "croutons". Arrange on a pretty platter and garnish with peppers and parsley.
Slice the zucchini into thin ribbons using a peeler or a mandolin. Season lightly with sea salt. Lay your zucchini flat on a hard surface, spoon or pipe about 2 teaspoons on one end. Roll into a wrap and stick with a toothpick in the center. Garnish with caviar and or chives. Serve immediately.