- Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Portuguese Tomato Sauce
- 1 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- Heat a stovetop grill over high heat. Roll dough into 4 thin rounds and brush with olive oil. When grill is hot, add round and grill first side until grill marks appear. Using tongs, flip round and spoon tomato sauce over top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper. Grill until edges brown and cheese melts over top. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Repeat with remaining dough, sauce and cheese.
- Alternatively, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and oil a 9 or 10-inch cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roll dough to size of skillet and fit into pan. Drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil over dough. Spoon tomato sauce over top of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border uncovered. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes. Bake 15 minutes, until top of pizza is browned in places and edges of dough are crisp. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- Source: Essence Of Emeril EE57
- Dish Type: Appetizer