- 10-ounce top-quality tuna steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- Juice and chopped zest of 5 lemons
- 2 tablespoons coarse-cracked black peppercorns
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup homemade or prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound assorted greens, (such as spinach, frisee, arugula) cleaned and dried
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 homemade or prepared French bread croutons
- In a nonreactive bowl toss tuna with juice and zest of 3 of the lemons, cracked peppercorns; season with salt and white pepper.
- Make lemon aioli: in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with garlic and juice and zest of remaining 2 lemons; season to taste with salt and pepper. If necessary, thin with 1 to 2 tablespoons water, to consistency of thick cream or yogurt.
- When ready to serve, arrange lettuces in a bed on serving platter. Heat a wok over high heat until nearly smoking. Add oil and swirl around wok. Drain tuna and add to wok tossing constantly until well-seared on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes in all. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tuna to serving platter and set on top of greens. Drizzle with aioli and garnish with parsley. Tuck croutons around edges of plate and serve immediately.
Tuna Steaks With Guacamole And Salsa Cruda
Chilled Lobster Cocktail With White Truffle-lemon Aioli, Mache And Tomato Confit
Spicy Seared Tuna With Red Bean Sauce And Fried Herb Salad
Wok Fried Tempura Ahi With Shoyu Mustard Butter Sauce And Tomato Ginger Relish
Fried Calamari With Creole Olive Salad
Grilled Tuna with Melon Salad
Arugula Stuffed Fried Vidalia Onion Ring Salad With Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
Emeril's Inside Out Spicy Tuna Roll With Special Sauce