- 8 ears of sweet corn, still in the husk, soaked in water for 24 hours
- 3 heads of garlic
- 3 Vidalia onions, cut into 2-inch rings
- 8 Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4-inch thin slices
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Place the corn on the grill and cook for about 1 hour. Wrap the garlic in foil and place on the grill and cook for 45 mintues or until tender.
Season the onions and tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
Remove the corn and garlic from the grill and squeeze out the garlic cloves. Place the garlic in a mixing bowl, and smash the garlic with a fork. Whisk in the melted butter. Remove the husks from the corn and brush the corn with the grilled garlic butter and season with salt and pepper. Season the avocado slices with salt and pepper and drizzle with the lime juice. Arrange all the vegetables on a large plater and serve.