- 2 vanilla beans, split in half and pulp removed
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pound cooked fresh lobster meat, diced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled, diced 1/2-inch thick, cooked until tender and cooled
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1/4 cup small diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound fresh maiche, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley leaves
- 12 toasted French bread rounds (2 inches by 1/4-inch thick)
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the vanilla bean, pulp and oil. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool completely and strain.
In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, mustard, tarragon and lemon. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add 1 cup of the vanilla oil slowly, in a steady stream. Process until the mixture is thick and creamy. Remove and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Can be made the day ahead of time.
In a mixing bowl, combine the lobster, potatoes, onions, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well. Fold in the vanilla bean emulsion. Mix well. In another mixing bowl, toss the maiche with the remaining vanilla oil. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, place the greens in the center of each serving plate. Mound the lobster salad in the center of each plate of greens. Garnish with parsley. Serve the croutons with the salad.
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom and Watercress Salad
Lobster Ravioli In A Fennel And Chervil Infused Nage
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Smoked Sturgeon Napoleon With Caviar Cream And A Lemon Gastrique
Seared Scallops With A Portobello Truffle Emuslion, Caviar and Microgreens
Lobster Mousse Puff Pastry Bouchees
Red Beans and Rice
Oyster Artichoke Casserole
Crab And Sugar Cane Soup