- 8 oval slices sourdough or country white bread
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained and patted dry
- One-fourth pound Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Spread one side of 4 slices of the bread with the mustard. Divide the salami among these 4 slices, then top with the roasted peppers, sliced fontina, and basil.
In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining 4 slices lightly with the vinaigrette, then place the vinaigrette-brushed bread on top of the stacked bread slices to form 4 sandwiches. Spread the outside of the sandwiches with some of the softened butter, then place the sandwiches in the preheated skillet (in batches if necessary) and cook until golden and crisp on the bottom. Carefully flip the sandwiches over and cook until the second side is golden and crisp and the cheese is melted.
Turkey, Mushroom and Bacon Panini
Grilled Pimento Cheese and Bacon Sandwiches
Kicked-Up Grilled Ham and Cheese with a Warm Roasted Tomato Salad
Chorizo and Sauteed Pepper Sandwich with Lemony Olive Oil-Cilantro Drizzle
Mango and Roasted Pepper Salsa
Roast Turkey and Mushroom Rigatoni
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate
Air Fried Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Breakfast Strata
Bacon, Mushroom, Onion and Swiss Burgers
Grilled Peach and Quinoa Salad