- 2 ears of fresh corn
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced Habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Brush the corn lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Place the ears of corn over a stove's open flame and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on all sides, until kernels are golden brown in spots. Be careful - kernels may pop. Remove and set aside to cool.
Once the corn has cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a nonreactive mixing bowl.
Add the tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and lemon juice to the corn and stir until well-combined. Season the salsa with salt and pepper. to taste and set aside briefly to allow the flavors to come together.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Grilled Flank Steak Tostadas With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-Tequila Cream
Shredded Pork Taquitos With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat Cheese Queso
Smoked Mushroom And Shrimp Quesadilla With Adobo Chile Salsa
Adobo Chile Salsa
Red Snapper Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Grilled Fish Tacos with a Roasted Chile and Avocado Salsa
Bean and Cheese Quesadilla