- 2 ears of fresh corn
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe Italian plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced Habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Brush the corn lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Place the ears of corn over a stove's open flame and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on all sides, until kernels are golden brown in spots. Be careful - kernels may pop. Remove and set aside to cool.
Once the corn has cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a nonreactive mixing bowl.
Add the tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and lemon juice to the corn and stir until well-combined. Season the salsa with salt and pepper. to taste and set aside briefly to allow the flavors to come together.
Serve with tortilla chips.