- 3/4 cup butter cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground pecan pieces
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup Steen's Pure 100 percent Cane Syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Dash of bourbon
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the crumbs, ground pecans and the butter in a mixing bowl. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor, with the metal blade, process the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cane syrup and blend. Add the eggs one at a time to thoroughly incorporate into the cheese mixture. Add the heavy cream. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the cake is set. Remove from the oven and with a knife loosen the sides from the pan. This will prevent the cake from splitting down the center. Completely cool the cake before cutting. Combine the whipped cream and bourbon and blend well. Garnish each piece of cake with the whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.