- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound dried Spanish chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 small chili pepper, finely minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and brown for 2 minutes. Add the onions and peppers, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and black beans, and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the beans are creamy and tender, about 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the butter and reseason with salt and pepper.
Conch Fritters With Mango Chutney
Jamaican Rice And "Peas"
Island Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers With Rum Butter Sauce
Emeril’s Slow-Cooked Bam-B-Q Baked Beans
Andouille Smothered White Beans
Cold Puree Of White Bean Soup With A Crispy Pancetta And Creole Tomato Relish