- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole or other whole-grain mustard
- 4 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook, partially covered, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a salad bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, season them with the salt, cayenne, black pepper, and lemon juice. Toss well to combine. Add the celery, green onions, parsley, and eggs.
- In a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise and mustard together. Add this to the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the salad, and toss gently but thoroughly to mix well.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, and serve slightly chilled.
- Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, from Emeril at the Grill, Harper Collins Publisher, New York, 2009, copyright MSLO, Inc., all rights reserved
Grilled Sweet Potato Salad
Home-ground Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
Grilled Banana Splits With Hot Fudge And Rum Caramel Sauce
Grilled Corn With Cheese And Chile
Creole Potato Salad
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized Salmon Over A Warm Potato Salad
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes