- 1 1/2 cups spring peas
- 1 baguette or other crusty bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14 ounces fresh ricotta cheese, store-bought or homemade
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin
- olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely grated
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Fill a medium bowl with ice and cold water, and set it aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the peas and cook until the water returns to a boil. Drain, and immediately submerge the peas in the ice water. When they have cooled, drain them again and set them aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
- Slice the baguette into 3-inch-long oval slices, 1/4 inch thick. Brush one side of each slice with the olive oil, and season them with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill on both sides until toasted. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic. Chop the garlic and mash it with the flat side of your knife until the mixture forms a paste. In a small bowl, combine the garlic paste, ricotta, 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil, the 1 tablespoon mint, the shallot, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix well, and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mash the spring peas with the back of a fork until there are no whole peas; you should have a mixture of pea halves and paste. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, the 1 teaspoon mint, and the Parmesan and basil. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture onto each crostini, and spoon about 2 teaspoons of the pea mixture on top of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with the remaining crostini. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the top as desired, and serve.
Turnip And Radish Slaw With Jumbo Lump Crabmeat And Chive Oil
Emeril Lagasse's Spinach, Cherry, And Goat Cheese Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing
Spring Pea Soup With Smoked Bacon And Pea Shoots
Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Dill And Black Pepper Gravlax With Mini Potato Pancakes And Chive Sour Cream
Fried Okra With Creamy Buttermilk Dip
Tomato, Zucchini, And Leek Galette With Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese
Cantaloupe And Pancetta Cream Sauce For Pasta
Corn, Tomato And Lobster Salad