- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried tart cherries
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup small-diced yellow onion
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups thinly sliced lacinato kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place vinegar and cherries in a small saucepot and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with a lid, and let sit until cherries are plump and tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and place halved shallot on top, cut side up. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and rub it in with your hands on all sides. Lightly season cut side with a couple of pinches of salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and cook until soft and lightly caramelized around edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to saucepot with cherries.
- Add 3/4 cups quinoa and 1 1/2 cups stock to saucepot with cherries and shallot, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until quinoa has popped, 15 minutes. Turn off heat and keep lid on for another 5 minutes before removing lid and fluffing quinoa with a fork.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme and cook until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add kale and a pinch of salt and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add cranberries and 1/4 cup chicken stock and cook until liquid has evaporated and quinoa is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place quinoa on a serving platter, top with cooked kale, and garnish with almonds. Serve immediately.
Salmon With Quinoa Mix, Sautéed Kale And Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Spanish Mackerel With A Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Grilled Sardines, Portuguese-style
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Spinach And Chickpea Salad And Tomato Vinaigrette
Oven-baked Chicken Fingers With Healthy Ranch Dipping Sauce
Edamame With Sesame Oil And Sea Salt
Healthy Ranch Dipping Sauce
Hot And Hearty Minestrone