- 1/2 cup stemmed dried porcini, shiitake, or other mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place the dried mushrooms in a medium bowl, cover with the hot water, and let sit until reconstituted and soft, about 15 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and their liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl, squeezing the mushrooms to extract as much liquid as possible. Reserve the liquid and roughly chop the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccini and cook until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes for dried pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the chopped mushrooms, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the reserved mushroom liquid, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is nearly all evaporated, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add the cream, thyme, salt, and pepper and return to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream is reduced and thick, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the parsley and stir to incorporate.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce, tossing well to coat. Add 2 tablespoons of the cheese, toss, and remove from the heat.
- Divide the pasta between two large bowls, garnish each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese, and serve immediately.
Fettuccine Pasta With Prosciutto, Peas, And A Cream Sauce
Pappardelle With Porcini Mushrooms
Chanterelles, Crabmeat, And Fettuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce
Warm Porcini Mushroom Flan With Wild Mushroom Confit,truffle Emulsion And Crispy Phyllo Threads
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Over Angel Hair With St. John's Cheese Sauce
Portobello Mushrooms, Angel Hair Pasta, And Fresh† Tomato Sauce
Fettuccine Alfredo My Way
Fettuccine With Bacon And Peas
Fettuccine Pieces With Zucchini And Clams
Panneed Veal With Cheese And Crab Ravioli And Red Pepper Cream Sauce