- 1 large bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh morel, or chanterelle mushrooms, stems trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced tarragon
- Have a saucepan of salted water at a boil.
- Place the asparagus in the water and blanch until just fork tender, yet still firm, 4 - 6 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and sauté until soft and they start to give off their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the tarragon.
- Remove the asparagus from the water and dry on paper towels. Wrap one or two asparagus stalks with a thin prosciutto slice and set aside.
- Place on a serving platter and spoon the warm mushrooms over the top. Serve.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Sauteed Morels
Grilled Escolar With A Saute Of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels And Currant Tomatoes
Crispy Striped Bass With Sauteed Baby Morels And A Watercress Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With Tomato Caper Butter Sauce
Prosciutto-wrapped Scallops With A Dry Jack Pesto Over Linguine
Grilled Lobster Tails With Mashed Jerusalem Artichokes, Sauteed Asparagus, And Lemon Tarragon Butter
Prosciutto Wrapped Trout
Tournedos Of Beef With Morel Mushroom Sauce
Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast With Morel Madeira Gravy