- 1 cup peeled and quartered potatoes, boiled until firm-tender (about 5 to 8 minutes), and drained
- 1 pound (2 cups) coarsely chopped smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Perfect Poached Eggs, cooked just before serving
- 2 ounces fresh red salmon caviar
- Turn the drained potatoes onto a clean surface and mince them.
- Place the minced potatoes in a large bowl and add the smoked salmon, shallots, garlic, capers, mustard, parsley, Creole Seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon juice, egg, and half-and-half, and blend together with a spoon. Makes 3 cups (packed)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Turn the salmon mixture into the skillet and sautÈ, shaking and flipping the skillet, until heated through, for about 6 minutes.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of the hash on each of 4 dinner plates. Top each with a Perfect Poached Egg, and add 1 teaspoon caviar to the top of each sprig.
- Note: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Crack an egg into a cup and slide the egg gently into the water. Crack another egg into the cup and when the water returns to a boil slide this egg into the water as well. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the eggs are set. Watch carefully and remove the eggs when the yolks are still soft, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. (Test by lifting an egg slightly out of the water on a slotted spoon and gently pressing the center with your finger; the yolk should be soft and the white firm.) Drain on paper towels. Poached eggs can be made ahead and kept immersed in a bowl of water in the refrigerator. Reheat by immersing briefly in simmering water.
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Smoked Salmon And Potato Hash With Poached Eggs
Perfect Poached Eggs
Creative Egg (baked Potato With Poached Egg And Smoked Salmon)
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Smoked Turkey And Sweet Potato Hash With Dried Cranberries, Maltese Sauce, And A Poached Egg
Corn Flaps With Chive Cream And Caviar