- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound chicken livers, pureed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup beef stock or canned, low-sodium beef broth
- Dash of Tabasco, or other Louisiana hot sauce, or to taste
eIn a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
When hot, add the butter, onions, and bell peppers and sauté the vegetables until tender and lightly caramelized, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the pork and cook, using the spoon to break the pork into small pieces, until it is well-browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the liver purée, bay leaves, jalapeno, salt, coriander, cumin and cayenne and cook until the liver is cooked through and the spices are fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the rice and beef stock and continue to cook, stirring, until well-combined and the rice is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and add hot sauce to taste