- 1 1/2 pounds fresh jalapenos (about 32)
- 2 teaspoons Zatarainís Concentrated Liquid Shrimp & Crab Boil (optional)
- 1 quart distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- Combine all of the ingredients in a nonreactive 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the peppers are very soft, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes, then remove the bay leaves.
- Sterilize a quart-size jar and lid. Pour the mixture into the jar and secure with an airtight lid. Store in a cool, dry place for at least 2 weeks before using. Once opened, it will keep up to one month in the refrigerator.