- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemons, peel and pith discarded and cut in half
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Combine the Worcestershire, onions, bay leaves, and lemons in a medium-size non-reactive saucepan over medium-high heat. Mash the lemons down with the back of a spoon and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer until it has reduced and becomes slightly thick, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the cream and whisk to blend. Cook for 1 minute.
- Mount in the butter, whisking constantly until it is completely melted and blended into the mixture. Add the Creole seasoning and stir to mix. Strain through a sieve and serve warm over the quail eggs on the crab cakes.